Friday, October 1, 2010

Another beach explored

I had a little time to myself after work and decided to head to a beach my Mom and I had spied a week or so ago. We were walking on the bluff and this beach is in a less traveled area and obviously is not as popular to travel.


The route down was not as accessible as Sand Dollar Beach and there wasn't much of it, but it was new to me and I was up for a new adventure.


















Right below Danger Point lies this beach that was just laden with petrified wood and devoid of foot prints...except mine.....



















I had to scoot down a small embankment on my backside and it may not have looked graceful, but it was the safest route I knew!


















There wasn't much length to the beach, but I had it to myself and I enjoyed hanging out here, watching the winds drive the waves and listen to the rhythmic sound crash against the shores.




















The boot-scoot trail I used to get here today....



















I brought an empty backpack in anticipation of what treasures I might pick up...and started it off with a huge chunk of petrified wood...


















I don't pretend to know exactly how this is done, but I know it takes a tremendous amount of pressure and time..getting tossed here and to and coming from who knows where to land here...on this less explored beach on Popof Island!



















And then I spy this huge piece of wood driven into the ground like a huge bears behind sticking up for all to see. What forces of nature did this, how ferocious it must have been. And then this small delicate plant life springing up .......from the bears behind!! Ouch...



















Ahhhhh, such solitude! I wish I could bottle the sound and play it before I go to sleep.


















The snow capped mountains line the ocean shore and paint such a peaceful backdrop.


















I have a topographical map of the island and I think I will get some red push pins and mark the spots I've explored on the island. This beach is definitely going to be a place I come back and visit again real soon.
























I might have some slick, steep trails to scoot down,

















But the treasures that wait for me here are well worth the slide!