Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July to All!!


Saylor one 1st place, his proud Mom
and behind them his late grandfathers
retired boat....ironic spot for a photo


Bikes, tikes, dogs and bogs...that was my theme around here today. The kids had a parade of decorated bikes and trikes, then rode the main drag down to the harbor where the EMS crew had a cookout for the community.



Proud Sand Point biksters


Officer Mike cooking up a storm
The fire works are going off all over, but the main attraction is tonight after midnight down at the Harbor. However, the sun won't actually set or get dark until 2 am, so I will have to pass on watching them. I am already suffering from insomnia because my head KNOWS the sun is still out at 11pm and my circadian rhythm is all messed up with these long days.

After my donation and downing a hot dog, I took off and hit the trails for a hike along the east coast of the island. I have a hiking buddy that joins me every once in a while and today she was a lot of company as I made my way across a bog and found some new flowers, looks like a wild iris blooming on this side.

Some of the other flowers seem to be fading and not as abundant over here, but the salmon berry bushes are in full bloom and I am anxious about what kind of harvest we will be having!!

Happy 4th everyone!! I hope everyone keeps all their fingers intact and stays safe!