Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Salmon Ranch Revisited

We have several visitors working with us in the clinic and the weather broke enough for us to take a good hike to Sand Dollar Beach yesterday and today we visited Salmon Ranch. Before we left, it rained off and on all morning and looking out the clinic windows towards the mainland we saw at least 7 rainbows before noon. I'm not sure what that means, but it was refreshing and it was as if God were saying, "come on out, it's fun out here and let's play".......so we did.




Tasha, Katie and I were like school girls, giddy with excitement and ready to go. We headed out for the trails and the sky changed on us about every 15 minutes. By the time we hit the beach, all was clear, VERY windy, but oh so worth it..the gulls were swimming, soaring and singing all around us.....

We were so captivated by the beauty of it all, the fierceness of where we were and the thought I kept sharing with them both.....this is my backyard!!




We did some beach combing, rock climbing, and lots of photo shooting. The beach is littered with shells, sea weed, jelly fish and petrified rocks. I found a piece of petrified rock that weighed about 40 pounds and for one second I considered carrying it back. I lifted it and then thought of the hike back and decided to leave it for another 1000 years to see what it would become next.
We decided to walk the beach back and when I turned to look one more time at where we had been.....this was my parting sign....another rainbow!!!!!!!!!! ....and as if God were saying, "hey thanks for coming to play, see you girls again real soon!"