Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bead-dazzling!

A lot of people ask me what else I do up here besides hike and take pictures......well, I had to hike to the jewelry box and take a few pictures to explain how I spend some of my spare time. I say some because with being on call so often, there isn't a lot of down time and if the weather is nice, I'm choosing outside.

Besides all the outdoors activities, climbing trees and chasing buffalo, I do like some girly things, too. I like to cook and am pretty good at it if I do say so myself and I rarely if ever have complaints from anyone else.


And I like jewelry..........especially earrings.. Anyone who knows me will testify to that fact and they have probably given me some as a gift in the past. I also like to make sure it all matches...I choose my earrings first and then fashion my wardrobe around the same colors. My style changes everyday with whatever outfit I am wearing and now, I've learned to make my own!!


The light blue in front were the first pair I made and I was so happy they actually looked like earrings, I tried other patterns and have absolutely gotten hooked.

I'm even branching out and making pendants (center phoenix) and (below) more complex designs...

I have sold quite a few sets at the local bazaars, to coworkers and I make special order items like the pendant below for a friends granddaughter....

I made 11 pair before I went home for Thanksgiving and I think all my nieces now have a pair and my sisters and mother do to. My daughter has a few pair and of course her friends are wearing them as well. I've given more away than anything and I do it for fun and the satisfaction of seeing others enjoy them, too.

I even made a camouflage colored pair that I was going to wear if I go hunting........but my mother liked them so now she wears them. Oh well, I can always make another pair and I probably will!!