Friday, May 14, 2010

Road trip destination North Pole.........really!!!!

I'm in Fairbanks for training this week and it is so hectic and the days are so long, I haven't had much time to explore. Or if I have, nothing stays open after 5 pm, cause they are not on summer hours yet...bummer!

But, since we all know that Santa hangs out in the North Pole and it just happens to be a short 15 minute drive from where I am, off I headed.......didn't know where I was going but the road signs were not at all hard to follow!!!!

I didn't have directions, but there were other signs along the way..
Everything had a subtle little hint, like candy cane shaped signs...
candy cane painted markers......
and even the names of places like the Senior Center let me know I was getting close!!
Wallllaaaaaa!! I found it, Santa's place......now to just go inside and sneak a peak..
It smelled so good in here, one end smelled like pine, the other like cinnamon....and then, there it was.......HIS chair!!! But where is HE??

Drats, he is on summer hours, too!! I didn't dare sit in the chair...to me that would be like, well searching in your mom's purse when she wasn't looking!!!! Definitely taboo!!!


Even the reindeer were on summer hours..was this Comet and Cupid and Donner............or Blitzen?!?!?



Ahhhhhhh could this be Dasher or Dancer or Prancer or Vixen??????
After all, who could really tell? All I know is I was here, Santa wasn't, but there were surely some tell tail signs that told me he would be back........soon!!