Friday, April 24, 2009


























Going to try to catch you up on what has taken place in the last month here in Sand Point. The job is going well at the clinic, slowly but surely I am getting oriented to the Alaska Native Medical System that is a complex web of telemedicine, telepharmacy, teleradiography.....medicine through the airways. My apartment is a 4 minute walk from the clinic and I have a perfect view of it from my kitchen window. I can also see mountains and the ocean out of every window in my 3 bedroom apartment. I'm comfy here, I have some things from home as well as things I've acquired here like petrified rocks, feathers, and shells. My cupboards are full, pantry is stocked and I have already been given so much fish I am so thankful. The neighborhood is a good hike for me and the surrounding trails are just calling my name. Everytime I walk I venture out in a different direction and see more of this ruggedly beautiful place.