Thursday, April 30, 2009

Suicide Mission

We had a break in the weather yesterday and I ran home (almost ran) and put my boots on and headed for Suicide Hill. I had heard how steep and dangerous it was so like a kid told not to run with a stick in her mouth, I took off to see HOW steep the hill was. From a distance it looked like a mole hill. Not to threatening, not to big.



The closer I got, the more I thought...hmmmm maybe that IS a big hill.

About half way up, I peeked over the edge and saw just why it was called suicide hill and got a great shot of an eagle roosting on the cliff.....


Then a few views over the bluffs and along my walk. The tundra is like walking on a sponge, some green shoots are breaking up through the surface and I have seen a drastic change in the few short weeks I've been here.

Does this look like a cat's face or a turtle head to you?

No planes until this afternoon, another break in the rain and hopefully I'll get mail tomorrow. Boy, the mailmen and women we take for granted back home, I apologize and will never complain about not getting my fliers and bills on time any more!!