Monday, April 27, 2009

We had the Aleutian Olympics at the school on Friday and it was a blast. K-6 competed against each other and the upper grades helped. I think there are about 115 kids in the whole school and 90% of them were there. I hope the vide works of the blanket toss game, modified of course for the kids sake.







It's been a rainy yuk weekend and today we thought we were catching a break wit, a c h the weather. No planes have been able to come in since Friday, which means no mail and no meds, and the people trying to get in or out are stranded...somewhere. The plane is circling out there in the fog and can't see the runway, so we'll see whether anyone moves tonight or not. I at least had a break in the weather and walked to work which felt great, but no such luck this afternoon.

A group from the clinic went to Trident for prime rib tonight and it was good as usual. A coworker brought me a new dish to try today, called "fish pie." OMG!!! It was delicious and I am going to try this on my friends and loved ones when I get to see them again. I've included the recipe for the brave ones out there. I think it it the fresh fish it is made with that is going to be the kicker though.






Fish Pie Recipe (amounts of ingredients vary based on size of dish you make)




Make enough pie crust to cover bottom and top of a large pie shell or deep baking dish




Shredded cabbage




Diced Onions




Jarred (or canned Salmon)




Cooked rice




Cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup




Line bottom of pie shell with one pie crust. Saute cabbage and onion in small amount of butter or cooking oil, season to taste with salt, pepper or other spices. I would use crushed red pepper, too. Mix with cooked rice and 1/2 can of celery or mushroom soup and flaked jarred or canned salmon. After all mixed, pour in pie shell, cover with second shell and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until crust is brown and crisp.




Serve hot and ummmmmmmmm good!!