Saturday, September 19, 2009

Morning Catch

What a way for locals to start the day. The salmon are still running in the creek and many wind up back in the water reservoir along the road. This dad was on his way to work, saw the salmon jumping out of the water, stopped his truck, threw in his line and within 3 minutes he pulled out this lovely catch. Can't you just here it now? "Honey, look what I brought home for dinner!" He scooped up the catch and off he went to get his daughter to school on time. Now that is a way to begin a good Friday.




After they left, I tried to capture the salmon jumping and having the last times of their life. All I caught was a few ripples on the water and made for a unique shot.



I had a good walk, 3 1/2 miles in before work. The air is fresh and crisp, I can see my breath and see the tundra changing color every day. I love the fall and wish it would hang around a little longer.