Friday, November 6, 2009

Winter is here...........

Remember the faith I told you I had to have to believe those beautiful mountains are out there?
Here is a test of faith when the winds brought gusts up to 100 mph last night, blinding HUGE wet snow flakes and today this is my $1million dollar view.

The winds have died to about 35-50 mph and the temperature is around 30. Believe it or not, the planes still come in. The mail plane comes daily at 6 am and we sometimes get 2 flights from PennAir, lovingly referred to here as WhenAir...when they get here who knows?

I can barely see the buildings across the tundra and I defintiely can't see the towers or mountains across the water.


The clinic is pretty hazed out right now. But, the weather changes here about every 15 minutes and by the time I made my tuna salad for lunch, the snow stopped and the sun came out. But a few minutes have gone by and blurred again.




No much accumulation today, since the wind blows it to the next island or out to the ocean. Now it is just wet and slushy....welcome to Alaska!