Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Bazaar

The annual Christmas Bazaar was this past weekend and what a success! I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and was able to help Denise with her table. This is a time when the local crafters, cooks, and consumers (like myself) come together and have fun, food, and a feeding frenzy.
All the hard work of salmon berry picking, jelly making, bread making and even marinated octopus and pickled fish paid off for these folks. Of course I had to buy a little of everything since I doubt my octopus catching or cooking abilities. Oh this stuff is soooooooo good!! eaten on a cracker it is delicious!! I took it to a potluck later on to share and half the jar was eaten in a few minutes. Everyone loves this delicacy I take it.

Handmade items, such as scarves, dream catchers, earrings were brought for display and sold to us less than talented in this arena.

I brought some of my bead work and sold half, so I made enough money to pay for all my supplies. Plus it is nice to be able to offer something back that I have learned since arriving here.

The sushi and Asian dishes were to die for and it was a pleasure having a table in between two great sushi tables. I guess I was the official tester of both booths and it was wonderful to say the least.

I've been here 10 months now and the experiences and tastes I've acquired are priceless. Not to mention the friendship, the acquaintances and the feeling of really "belonging" to this community has settled in and will make for a special Christmas this year!